Live public performance (concerts) and broadcasting of music:
Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA)
Copyright for composers:
Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society Limited (AMCOS)
Public performance of recorded music (includes music and lyrics):
Phonographic Performance Record Company of Australia (PPCA)
ARIA scheme for AMTA members
- * Blanket licensing agreement (covering reproduction) has been negotiated for AMTA members.
- * Agreement commences 1st November 2007.
- * Covers reproduction of Licensed Sound Recordings
- a.onto a secure central hard srive system, and
- b. from that system to a carrier (eg. CDs, minidisks) BUT only for the purpose of public performance during music therapy sessions.
- * Licence has some restrictions :
- - does not cover the music work or public performance;
- - prohibits export or sale to the general public;
- - formats produced must be labelled, including a note saying that no further copies can be made without ARIA’s permission;
- -extends only to recordings covered by the ARIA blanket agreement. The schedule can be viewed at www.aria.com.au in the ‘licensing’ section.
- * Licence fee:
- - up to200 total track reproductions per year: $30 + GST per year
- - up to 500 total track reproductions per year: $75 + GST per year
- * Download and complete the licence agreement – ARIA – AMTA Member Reproduction Licence Agreement
* Sign and return the agreement to ARIA, and you will be sent a tax invoice for payment.
- * Complete the quarterly report of tracks reproduced in each quarter and forward it to ARIA.
- * General information on reproduction licensing can be viewed at www.aria.com.au
- * General information on public performance licensing can be viewed at www.ppca.com.au